Residential Services in Pulasaki County
Waste Connections of Kentucky serves the residents of Pulaski County with reliable trash and recycling collection services. Waste Connections offers customers roll carts to keep waste and recycling secure and contained.
*Note: The citizens of the City of Somerset, KY receive solid waste services from their city government.
Residential Trash Collection
- Customers receive a 96 gallon cart for recycling.
- Place at curb on the night before collection day.
- Only place acceptable curbside recycling items in cart.
- If you aren't sure if item is acceptable for our local curbside recycling, put item in trash or contact us.
Curbside Recycling - Accepted Items
- Cardboard boxes, clean, flattened. Place next to cart
- Cans, aluminum beverage
- Cans, metal (rinse food out)
- Junk mail
- Newspaper and inserts
- Paper (office, school)
- Phone books
- Plastic bottles #1 or #2 (no caps)
- Plastic detergent bottles (no caps)
- Shredding paper (only if security tied in its own bag)
Curbside Recycling - Not Accepted
- Any item not listed on Accepted list.
- Aerosol cans
- Books, paperback or hard cover
- Motor oil plastic bottles
- Paint cans
- Paper towels, tissue, cups, plates, etc.
- Pizza boxes that are greasy
- Plastic bags
- Plastic tubs (yogurt, margarine, etc.)
- Take-out or deli containers
Contact Somerset Office
Please read through these guidelines and contact us if you have any questions.
- Subscription residential service is billed quarterly in advance.
- Extra refuse is billed on the invoice after service has been provided.
- Please notify us when you have a change in address, phone number or service needs.
- Odd sized trash must be contained or bundled and measure less than 4 feet in length or width or height.
- Each additional bag or box set beside the cart must not weigh more than 50 pounds. These are subject to an extra charge.
- Bulk item pickup for large items such as furniture and mattresses is available the first full business week of each quarter on customer's regular pickup day. There is a 4 item limit (no tires, appliances or electronics).
- To cancel service, please contact your local Waste Connections of KY office at least 1 week prior to the desired last day of service.
- Set cart out on the date agreed to during cancellation process.
- Service will be suspended or discontinued due to non-payment.
- Waste Connections is not licensed to haul hazardous waste.
- Residents are responsible for the items they place out for collection.
- Please contact your local Waste Connections office if you are not sure if an item is acceptable for collection
Contact Somerset Office